International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group (USA)
Easily and quickly administered instrument which can be applied to all patients with restless legs syndrome (RLS) to measure disease severity for clinical assessment, research, or therapeutic trials.
© IRLS Study Group 2001 – All Rights Reserved
The International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group holds the copyright to the original International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group Rating Scale (IRLS) and derivative works including a shared copyright on its translations with some of the companies/ Institutions sponsoring the translations.
Walters AS, LeBrocq C, Dhar A, Hening W, Rosen R, Allen RP, Trenkwalder C; International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group. Validation of the International Restless Legs Syndrome Study Group rating scale for restless legs syndrome. Sleep Med. 2003 Mar;4(2):121-32.
Conditions of use:
1. User Agreement:
User is required to complete and sign a User agreement in which specific conditions requested by the Authors are detailed.
There are two types of User Agreement:
- User Agreement specific to the use of the IRLS in commercial studies
- User Agreement specific to the use of the IRLS in clinical practice and not funded academic research.
2. Access Fees:
Authors' royalty fees:
Author's royalty fees are requested according to the study design and context of use of the questionnaire:
- In academic research and individual clinical practice: free of charge
- In commercial studies (3) involving "for-profit" organizations and academic studies funded by commercial companies, the royalty fees are based on the number of administrations of the questionnaire in the study:
• Less than 50 administrations = 3675 €* per study
• From 50 to 199 administrations = 7350 €* per study
• From 200 to 499 administrations = 15750 €* per study
• From 500 to 999 administrations = 21000 €* per study
• More than 1.000 administrations = 26250 €* per study
These fees contribute to current research, scale development and some support for young investigators studying RLS.
Distribution fees are requested according to the study design and context of use of the questionnaire:
- In not-funded academic research (1) and individual clinical practice: free of charge
- In funded academic research (2): 300 €* per study + 50 €* per language version requested
- In commercial studies (3) involving "for-profit" organizations: 700 €* per study + 300 €* per language version requested
* excluding VAT
(1) Not funded academic research: if the project is not explicitly funded, but funding comes from overall departmental funds or from the University or individual funds then fees are waived.
(2) Funded academic research: projects receiving funding from commerce, government, EU should anticipate paying the corresponding fees.
(3) Commercial studies (industry, CRO, any for-profit companies).
Original US English version available for review purpose only. Please click here to access.
Mapi Research Trust
27 rue de la Villette
F - 69003 LYON
Tel: +33 4 72 13 65 75
Fax: +33 4 72 13 55 73
Please have the appropriate User Agreement i.e. "Commercial studies" or "Academic research/Clinical practice" completed, dated and signed and return one original copy to Mapi Research Trust by post. As soon as we receive it, we will process your request.
More information on IRLS on PROQOLID
[ BACK ]